Re: [Consult] Plan: personal contributes plan for 2013

From: Chen Gang
Date: Thu Jan 24 2013 - 21:29:56 EST

ä 2013å01æ25æ 10:14, Theodore Ts'o åé:
> Just to be curious, I checked the number of commits I've done in the
> past 12 months, and it's 99, for an average of a bit over 8 patches a
> month. (via "git log --author=tytso --since="1 year ago" --oneline |
> wc -l")

thank you very much for your information which I can according to.
it is quite valuable for me to make my plan.

> More importantly, it's important to shoot for quality, not quantity.
> 10 patches a month which fixes whitespaces in code that you're not
> touching anyway just generates work for maintainers without materially
> improving the quality of the kernel.

really necessary to give enough limitations (this is just my plan does):

patch contents: which sub-system, API (document), architecture, ...

patch type: functional features or none-functional features
for non-functional features:
bug fix: memory overflow, resource management ...
API: comments, documents, MAINTAINERS, ...
others: beautify code, ...

marked as: Reported-by or Signed-of-by, ...

--
Chen Gang

Asianux Corporation