Re: PROBLEM: 3.8.0-rc4 keyboard failure at boot

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Tue Jan 22 2013 - 08:50:58 EST

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013, Brad Tilley wrote:

> > Could you please provide dmesg output from both working and non-working
> > case?
>
> See attached. Two dmesgs from the same machine. One from 3.7.3, the
> other from 3.8-rc4 (with a ps2 keyboard). USB keyboards on this machine
> never work with 3.8, but always works with 3.7.
>
> I used an old ps2 keyboard to enter the dm-crypt password. After that,
> the boot process continues and the USB keyboard and mouse become active
> and begin to work. However, USB keyboards do not work when the user is
> prompted to enter the dm-crypt decryption password early in the boot
> process. That's the primary issue.

Ah, I see, that's a very important piece of information. This might be
related to USB BIOS handoff then.

Do you happen to have "Legacy USB" option (or similar, such as "USB
emulation" the name is not consistent between different BIOS vendors and
versions) in your BIOS? Does toggling it change the behavior?

Adding linux-usb@ to CC.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs