Re: [tip:x86/build] x86: Default to ARCH= x86 to avoid overridingCONFIG_64BIT

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Sat Jan 12 2013 - 13:10:16 EST

On 01/12/2013 10:08 AM, Borislav Petkov wrote:
On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 09:40:20AM -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
Hiding it because it happens to be in a slightly illogical place seems
completely backwards.

Sure, that's the lazy dude solutionâ :-)

I could try to restructure arch/x86/Kconfig but is it worth the trouble
to fix the "slightly illogical" placing...

Well, it's more than that. It is actually removing functionality because it is "illogically placed"... that cure is worse than the disease.

-hpa