Re: Help on Driver touchkit_ps2.c

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Thu Jan 10 2013 - 12:33:39 EST

On 01/09/2013 02:07 PM, Yves DUF wrote:
Hello Mister Mattock.

I hope this email will not bother you. It's about the eGalax
Touchscreen driver you modify more or less recently.

I try to use it on a archos 9 tablet PC, with tricks from that link and others:
http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=27303

But no matter how hard I try, the touchscreen doesn't work on my archos 9
PC tablet. I use the nomux option, the good serio1 on raw_device, the
module is present ... But it's impossible to install the eGalaxy
driver, I fall on the "no PS2 mouse present".

I've tried this on Ubuntu 12.04 (with both vanilla & recompiled kernel to
add touchkit.c module), debian 6.06 (kernel 2.6.32) and Bodhi linux (kernel
3.5) and to version of eGalaxy userland driver (the latest, and an old one
3.07)

In fact the touch_kit_detect function failed on the first ps2_command
(when it tried to send the 0xA 1 0xE.

I'm sorry to bother you, but if you got some clue to make the touch screen
work, I would be very gratefull.

Yves.

from what I remember I just fixed some web addresses(no real code changes). best thing for you to do is try to contact the authors/maintainers of the code so that they can fix their code.

I added some Cc's

cheers,

Justin P. Mattock