Re: Major network performance regression in 3.7

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Sun Jan 06 2013 - 11:44:11 EST

On Sun, Jan 06, 2013 at 08:39:53AM -0800, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> Hmm, I'll have to check if this really can be reverted without hurting
> vmsplice() again.

Looking at the code I've been wondering whether we shouldn't transform
the condition to perform the push if we can't push more segments, but
I don't know what to rely on. It would be something like this :

if (copied &&
(!(flags & MSG_SENDPAGE_NOTLAST) || cant_push_more))
tcp_push(sk, flags, mss_now, tp->nonagle);

Willy