Re: how to look for source code in kernel

From: Chen Gang F T
Date: Fri Dec 28 2012 - 00:48:10 EST

ä 2012å12æ28æ 13:12, amit mehta åé:
>> for browsing the code unfortunately there is no good tool as in windows we
>> have source insight.We can use wine in linux but that sucks.
> Funny you say that!
> Never heard of cscope, ctags ?

at least for me:
vi (or vim) with another command line tools (grep, wc...) are enough.

for reading or editing source code: grasp one editor is enough.
I originally work under Windows OS,
using VC IDE and source insight for many years (at least 6 years).
but I never feel they are better than vi, and neither less than vi.
each editor has its own efficiency using ways,
what we need do is to grasp it.

when you grasp the editor (no matter what it is), it will be enough for you.