Re: [RFC v4 0/3] Support volatile for anonymous range

From: Kamezawa Hiroyuki
Date: Thu Dec 27 2012 - 19:25:54 EST

(2012/12/26 12:46), Minchan Kim wrote:
Hi Kame,

What are you doing these holiday season? :)
I can't believe you sit down in front of computer.

Honestly, my holiday starts tomorrow ;) (but until 1/5 in the next year.)

Hm, by the way, the user need to attach pages to the process by causing page-fault
(as you do by memset()) before calling mvolatile() ?

For effectiveness, Yes.

Isn't it better to make page-fault by get_user_pages() in mvolatile() ?
Calling page fault in userland seems just to increase burden of apps.

I think your approach is interesting, anyway.

Thanks for your interest, Kame.

ãããããããããã.

A happy new year.

Thanks,