Re: Regression in 3.8-rc1: "BUG: sleeping function called from invalidcontext"

From: Larry Finger
Date: Sat Dec 22 2012 - 14:04:22 EST

On 12/22/2012 12:30 PM, Borislav Petkov wrote:
On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 10:10:28AM -0800, Eric Dumazet wrote:
RTNL is a mutex, its perfectly valid to use GFP_KERNEL while holding a
mutex.

Right, sorry. The check fires because we have preemption disabled.

As replied before your mail, fix for the problem is already in David
tree.

Yep, saw that after hitting send.

Eric and Borislav,

The patch does fix my problem. I expect that it will be in mainline by -rc2.

Thanks,

Larry