Re: 32kHz clock removal causes problems omap_hsmmc

From: R Sricharan
Date: Wed Dec 19 2012 - 13:07:16 EST

Hi,

On Wednesday 19 December 2012 07:34 PM, Benoit Cousson wrote:
On 12/19/2012 02:58 PM, Luciano Coelho wrote:
On Wed, 2012-12-19 at 14:51 +0100, Benoit Cousson wrote:
On 12/19/2012 02:01 PM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 11:56:20AM +0100, Peter Ujfalusi wrote:
BTW: have you happened to ubdate u-boot recently? There is a nice easter egg
added there:
f3f98bb ARM: OMAP4/5: Do not configure non essential pads, clocks, dplls.

Which means that _essential_ clocks and pads are no longer configured.

anything essential you can list ?

Yeah, that u-boot version is just unusable at all with any mainline
kernel, since we are still missing pads conf for every drivers.

Regarding the 32k clock, I noticed as well that the OMAP4460 panda
u-boot is the only one to enable it at boot time, and thus this is the
only board that can probe the wilink chip properly as of today.

Do you mean that with the latest mainline u-boot all boards will have
trouble except panda?

I don't know since the u-boot mainline has never ever supported properly
the SDP4430, I stopped wasting my time with that code a long time ago.
But the braves who tried using the latest u-boot mainline code that does
not configure anything anymore had some troubles...

Configuring every pad and clocks in the u-boot was removed to
force kernel drivers to fix up things. Dependency on boot loader
was always a problem. Bootloader should not configure anything apart
from what is required for boot.

Regards,
Sricharan