Re: +core_pattern-set-core-helpers-root-and-namespace-to-crashing-process.patch added to -mm tree

From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Wed Dec 19 2012 - 11:34:18 EST

On 12/18, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> Neil Horman <nhorman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 09:06:04PM +0100, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
> >>
> >> Yes, and we probably want to change pid_ns as well. But afaics currently
> >> this is not possible, even setns can't do this.
>
> The code for setns to change the pid namespace just merged.

Yes... I see pidns_install() after git pull... And it seems that
unshare(NEWPID) should work too...

So in general task_active_pid_ns() is no longer equal to nsproxy->pid_ns.
Oh, I can't understand how this can be right ;)

> Oleg I copied you on that code when I put it up for review. Did I use
> the wrong email address?

Probably, I didn't see any email. I'll try to read the new code later.
I simply can't understand what will happen if, say, the task does
clone(CLONE_THREAD) after unshare(NEWPID)...

Oleg.