Re: 32kHz clock removal causes problems omap_hsmmc

From: Luciano Coelho
Date: Wed Dec 19 2012 - 08:59:08 EST

On Wed, 2012-12-19 at 14:51 +0100, Benoit Cousson wrote:
> On 12/19/2012 02:01 PM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 11:56:20AM +0100, Peter Ujfalusi wrote:
> >> BTW: have you happened to ubdate u-boot recently? There is a nice easter egg
> >> added there:
> >> f3f98bb ARM: OMAP4/5: Do not configure non essential pads, clocks, dplls.
> >>
> >> Which means that _essential_ clocks and pads are no longer configured.
> >
> > anything essential you can list ?
>
> Yeah, that u-boot version is just unusable at all with any mainline
> kernel, since we are still missing pads conf for every drivers.
>
> Regarding the 32k clock, I noticed as well that the OMAP4460 panda
> u-boot is the only one to enable it at boot time, and thus this is the
> only board that can probe the wilink chip properly as of today.

Do you mean that with the latest mainline u-boot all boards will have
trouble except panda?

I'm still reorganizing everything and update my stuff with the latest
mainline u-boot, but at least blaze and panda now boot and recognize
their wilink chips (with the patches I mentioned reverted).

Now I'll try to remove my reverts and see what happens.

--
Luca.