Re: [GIT PULL] f2fs: request for tree inclusion

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Wed Dec 19 2012 - 08:37:14 EST

On Wednesday 19 December 2012, Anca Emanuel wrote:

> Hi Linus,
>
> An early prototype of this:
> https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/Kernel/Specs/flash-file-system-prototype
>
> Are you still testing it ?

The prototype was an earlier and independent work done as an internship
in Linaro. It resulted in very valuable insights, some of which ended
up being integrated into f2fs, but we decided not to follow up on that
work since f2fs is far superior overall and has a dedicated team working
on it. There are a few features from the prototype that we might want
to add in f2fs, but those can be implemented as compatible changes
later.

Arnd