Re: [RFC GIT PULL] "Nuke 386-DX/SX support" changes for v3.8

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Wed Dec 12 2012 - 17:24:14 EST

On 12/12/2012 11:00 AM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

It builds and boots, at least. I'm currently installing Red Hat 4.1 in
a VM so I can test to see if it does anything more than that. It
doesn't get in the way the same case the old 386 bits does, so I'm more
reluctant to remove it, but it does touch a lot of paths.

Well... it turns out to boot and run Red Hat 4.1 just fine (using qemu -cpu 486 and the no387 option) once I changed /dev/hda1 to /dev/sda1.

I'm actually kind of impressed.

-hpa