Re: question about configfs_attribute

From: Joel Becker
Date: Fri Dec 07 2012 - 18:30:46 EST

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 01:45:56PM +0200, Constantine Shulyupin wrote:
> Hi
>
> I wonder why show and store methods are not stored inside of
> configfs_attribute but stored in wrapper struct defined with
> CONFIGFS_ATTR_STRUCT ?

If you created a custom attribute struct and methods for
yourself, you would not have to have the show/store methods on the same
structure. The structure, and the ##item_show/store macros, are a
convenience way to do it.
It certainly could be done differently. I cloned the sysfs
approach at the time. Note that sysfs has a different methodology for
defining attributes now.

Joel

--

Life's Little Instruction Book #252