Re: 8250 UART doesn't work

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Thu Dec 06 2012 - 13:42:53 EST

On 12/05/2012 11:56 PM, Woody Wu wrote:
Hi, list

Does anyone here familiar to the serial 8250 driver?

I enabled two uart ports in my board definition, but the ports doesn't
appear after I loaded the kernel (3.4.19). I discovered, it failed at
the UART port auto configuration stage, the exact function is
autoconfig(...) in drivers/tty/serial/8250.c.

Sounds like you're using some kind of buggy UART IP... sharing which one might help people identify the problem, if they have seen it before.

-hpa