Re: [RFC/PATCH 1/1] ubi: Add ubiblock driver

From: Artem Bityutskiy
Date: Fri Nov 30 2012 - 06:11:25 EST

On Wed, 2012-11-21 at 07:20 -0300, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:
> Yes, I thought of this.
>
> For now, I decided to keep the implementation as simple as possible.

WRT atomic LEB caches and barriers - I guess if there are users who
would prefer higher I/O speed to the power-cut tolerance, you could:

1. ignore I/O barriers
2. use plain leb_unmap/leb_write instead of atomic leb change, which is
faster.

There could be a switch, probably an ioctl? But this is not very
important now, I am just throwing an idea.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy