Re: [RFC] Second attempt at kernel secure boot support

From: Florian Weimer
Date: Tue Nov 06 2012 - 17:07:15 EST

* Matthew Garrett:

> I'm not sure why you think that Fedora PXE installs will
> automatically wipe disks - they'll do whatever Kickstart tells them
> to do.

Or what the referenced initrd contains (which is not signed, for
obvious reasons). The point is that "the bootloader is signed by
Fedora" does not translate to "I can run this without worries".

I'm not sure if anybody has made promises in this direction. But lack
of a "do no harm" rule (which would have to prevent certain forms of
unattended installation for sure) means that we do not get that many
benefits out of Secure Boot.