[Consult] for many minor and trivial patches about "* change %8sto %s *"

From: Chen Gang
Date: Tue Nov 06 2012 - 00:33:27 EST

Hello All:

1) Status:

A) I have many "* change %8s to %s *" patches (minor and trivial
patches).

B) for net subsystem, have 3 (have sent to relative members);

C) for another:

i) arch/x86/kernel/process_64.c:120,
pr_warn("WARNING: dead process %8s still has LDT? <%p/%d>\n",
dead_task->comm is 16 (TASK_COMM_LEN)

ii) arch/blackfin/kernel/irqchip.c:52:
seq_printf(p, " %8s", irq_desc_get_chip(desc)->name);
name is not solid length, such as "tilegx_msi" in
arch/tile/kernel/pci_gx.c

2) Next:

A) It seems, it is only a start (If I am 'lucky' enough, maybe can
find more).

B) for these minor and trivial patches for various subsystems.

C) have 3 sending ways:

i) let each relative subsystem only has one patch which include
all relative trivial modifications.

ii) or gather them into one patch and send to
linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

iii) or each minor and trivial patch is an individual.

3) Suggestion:

A) I prefer the first choice (let each subsystem only has one patch)

B) I will do it according to the first choice, until get another
suggestions.

thanks.

--
Chen Gang