connector and netlink_broadcast (semop failed for cookie ...)

From: Alexander Holler
Date: Mon Nov 05 2012 - 14:42:33 EST

Hello,

I've recently enabled CONFIG_CONNECTOR in kernel 3.6.6 and now I've got the message "semop failed for cookie ..." when using cryptsetup (I've never got that error before).

A short search revealed the following discussion about ignoring errors from netlink_broadcast_filtered(): https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/8/19/60

connector doesn't use netlink_broadcast_filtered() directly but it returns netlink_broadcast() in cn_netlink_send() while netlink_broadcast() just is a wrapper around netlink_broadcast_filtered().

Could it be the case that cn_netlink_send() has to ignore the same return codes as done in kobject_uevent_env()? Or maybe the users of cn_netlink_send() have to ignore them?

Regards,

Alexander