Re: IMX257 framebuffer problem

From: Stefan Koch
Date: Mon Nov 05 2012 - 07:25:43 EST

I'll try it...

Could be this a problem?:
"imx-sdma imx35-sdma: firmware not found" appears when booting the kernel without enabled fb.

In FB enabled kernel's the last debugable function is imx_add_platform_device_dmamask()

Both have "dma" in the string...

But for loading a firmware from filesystem, the kernel crashes to early, I think.

If you subscribed to linux-fbdev mailing list, can you check If my message is come in there?
Because marc.info archives does not show my messages on linux-fbdev, but all from other people after my message.
I have send the message more times.

Thanks