[PART3 Patch 00/14] introduce N_MEMORY

From: Wen Congyang
Date: Wed Oct 31 2012 - 04:01:21 EST

From: Lai Jiangshan <laijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This patch is part3 of the following patchset:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/10/29/319

Part1 is here:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/10/31/30

Part2 is here:

You can apply this patchset without the other parts.

we need a node which only contains movable memory. This feature is very
important for node hotplug. So we will add a new nodemask
for all memory. N_MEMORY contains movable memory but N_HIGH_MEMORY
doesn't contain it.

We don't remove N_HIGH_MEMORY because it can be used to search which
nodes contains memory that the kernel can use.

The movable node will implemtent in part4. So N_MEMORY is equal to N_HIGH_MEMORY
now.

Lai Jiangshan (14):
node_states: introduce N_MEMORY
cpuset: use N_MEMORY instead N_HIGH_MEMORY
procfs: use N_MEMORY instead N_HIGH_MEMORY
memcontrol: use N_MEMORY instead N_HIGH_MEMORY
oom: use N_MEMORY instead N_HIGH_MEMORY
mm,migrate: use N_MEMORY instead N_HIGH_MEMORY
mempolicy: use N_MEMORY instead N_HIGH_MEMORY
hugetlb: use N_MEMORY instead N_HIGH_MEMORY
vmstat: use N_MEMORY instead N_HIGH_MEMORY
kthread: use N_MEMORY instead N_HIGH_MEMORY
init: use N_MEMORY instead N_HIGH_MEMORY
vmscan: use N_MEMORY instead N_HIGH_MEMORY
page_alloc: use N_MEMORY instead N_HIGH_MEMORY change the node_states
initialization
hotplug: update nodemasks management

Documentation/cgroups/cpusets.txt | 2 +-
Documentation/memory-hotplug.txt | 5 ++-
arch/x86/mm/init_64.c | 4 +-
drivers/base/node.c | 2 +-
fs/proc/kcore.c | 2 +-
fs/proc/task_mmu.c | 4 +-