Re: [RFC v4+ hot_track 13/19] debugfs: introduce one function

From: Zhi Yong Wu
Date: Mon Oct 29 2012 - 18:45:12 EST

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 6:34 AM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 06:25:50AM +0800, Zhi Yong Wu wrote:

>> > Huh? Why do you need this? Why haven't you added documentation for the
>> It is used to determine if one sysfs directory has been created. OK, i
>> will add some doc, thanks for your suggestion.
>
> You didn't answer the "why" part here. How come you think you need
ah, Let me say its scenario at first. If we do two mount ops as below:
1.) mount -o loop,hot_track image1 /data1
2.) mount -o loop,hot_track image2 /data2

The mount -o hot_track operation will automatically create one sysfs
directory /sys/kernel/debug/hot_track. To prevent this dir being
created again when 2.) is done, we need to know if it has existed at
first. In my patch, i at first get its dentry by this new function,
then determine if its d_inode field is NULL, if no, it means that this
sysfs dir has existed.
This is the reason that i want to add one new function.

> this? Can't you just save off the dentry you created somewhere so you
> don't need to look it up again?
Because i can't find one appropriate place to save it.

--
Regards,

Zhi Yong Wu