Re: ext4 issue after unclean shutdown and reboot

From: Theodore Ts'o
Date: Fri Oct 26 2012 - 20:07:44 EST

I've bcc'ed stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, LKML, and greg-kh, since I suspect
they aren't interested in all of these details... we'll keep this on
linux-ext4 for sanity's sake.

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 01:15:42AM +0200, Martin wrote:

> sorry for the repetition, but Theodore Ts'o asked me to re-post this
> as a new mail thread in order to keep track of this more easily.

1) Is it repeatable? This is what happened once. Can you reliably reproduce it?

2) Can you send the full dmesg of the previous boot and the boot where
you found the problem?

3) Can you send me the fsck logs?

4) Can you send me the output dumpe2fs on the file system in question?

Thanks....

- Ted