Re: [GIT PULL 0/9] perf/core improvements and fixes

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Date: Fri Oct 26 2012 - 13:05:44 EST

Em Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 04:54:51PM +0200, Ingo Molnar escreveu:
> * Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > . Makefile improvements from Namhyung Kim.
>
> These are really useful: there used to be a couple of seconds of
> wait time at the beginning of every perf build - these are now
> nicely explained with the various CHK entries.

The optimal way, I guess, would be to have some cache file with the
results of such feature tests, that would be created and then used till
the build fails using its findings, which would trigger a new feature
check round, followed by an automatic rebuild.

That would be tricky because we would have to have an automated way of
discovering if the build failed due to missing packages or if it failed
due to some ordinary coding mistake.

- Arnaldo