Re: [sqlite] light weight write barriers

From: Alan Cox
Date: Thu Oct 25 2012 - 08:58:36 EST

> > Hopefully, eventually the storage developers will realize the value
> > behind ordered commands and learn corresponding SCSI facilities to
> > deal with them.
>
> Eventually, drive manufacturers will realize that trying to price
> guage people who want advanced features such as TCQ, DIF/DIX, is the
> best way to gaurantee that most people won't bother to purchase them,
> and hence the features will remain largely unused....

I doubt they care. The profit on high end features from the people who
really need them I would bet far exceeds any other benefit of giving it to
others. Welcome to capitalism 8)

Plus - spinning rust for those end users is on the way out, SATA to flash
is a bit of hack and people are already putting a lot of focus onto
things like NVM Express.

Alan