Re: linux-next: manual merge of the staging tree with the staging.currenttree

From: Ian Abbott
Date: Thu Oct 25 2012 - 08:42:03 EST

On 2012-10-25 03:19, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi Greg,

Today's linux-next merge of the staging tree got a conflict in
drivers/staging/comedi/drivers/amplc_dio200.c between commit dfb2540e91e1
("staging: comedi: amplc_dio200: fix possible NULL deref during detach")
from the staging.current tree and commit 71b3e9e8dc21 ("staging: comedi:
amplc_dio200: support memory-mapped I/O") from the staging tree.

I fixed it up (the latter is a superset of the former) and can carry the
fix as necessary (no action is required).

Sorry, I remember editing that while rebasing my patches. I think I must have assumed the NULL deref patch had already been applied to Greg's "staging-next" branch, but it had in fact it had only been applied to his "staging-linus" branch. I was editing various other bits while rebasing that patch series, so I never noticed that particular edit as being a conflict.

Apologies for the inconvenience it caused you.

--
-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd. E-mail: <abbotti@xxxxxxxxx> )=-
-=( Tel: +44 (0)161 477 1898 FAX: +44 (0)161 718 3587 )=-