BUG: enabling psacct breaks fsfreeze

From: Nikola Ciprich
Date: Tue Oct 23 2012 - 05:52:40 EST

Hi,

while trying to create consistent backups of KVM guest, I've discovered
that fsfreeze always hangs.. deeper investigation revealed psacct to be the culprit.
When psacct is disabled, fsfreeze works fine, when enabled, the command never returns.
I suppose that the problem is /var is not on separate partition (ie it's same volume
as /) and psacct isn't able to dump process exit information about fsfreeze command
thus creating deadlock..
problem is 100% reproducible on both latest 3.0.x kernel and 3.7-r1c.

Should more debugging information be needed, I'll be glad to provide whatever I can..

BR

nik

--
Ing. Nikola CIPRICH