Re: usbview 2.0 release

From: Anil Nair
Date: Mon Oct 22 2012 - 14:38:53 EST

Hello Greg,

I had only one doubt though the tool seems to work for rooted users only?
when i try to launch it as a normal user it gives me error saying,

"
Can not open the file /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices

Verify that you have USB compiled into your kernel,
have the USB core modules loaded, and have the
usbdevfs filesystem mounted

"

That problem gets solved when using root user, is it because of the
reason that i have to mount usbdevfs for my current user?
The earlier usbview v1.1 tool required that that is why i am asking you.

--
Regrads,
Anil Nair