Heads-up: 3.6.2 / 3.6.3 NFS server panic: 3.6.2+ regression?

From: Nix
Date: Mon Oct 22 2012 - 12:17:04 EST

I just had a panic/oops on upgrading from 3.6.1 to 3.6.3, after weeks of
smooth operation on 3.6.1: one of the NFS changes that went into one of
the two latest stable kernels appears to be lethal after around half an
hour of uptime. The oops came from NFSv4, IIRC (relying on memory since
my camera was recharging and there is no netconsole from that box
because it is where the netconsole logs go, so I'll have to reproduce it
later today). The machine is an NFSv3 server only at present, with no
NFSv4 running (though NFSv4 is built in).

This is just a heads-up, not intended to be sufficient to track it down
unless it is instantly obvious: more later, including a .config dump and
proper oops report if it turns out to be reproducible. I just have to
recover from the usual panic-induced fs corruption and take a backup
first.

--
NULL && (void)