Re: ext3 issue on 3.6.1

From: Fabio Coatti
Date: Mon Oct 22 2012 - 12:01:46 EST

2012/10/22 Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>:
>> Uhu, my fault, I was sure to have answered to your request, sorry.
>> So yes, we have an ext3 R/O partition mounted on that machine. The
>> 3.6.3, with patch applied, dmesg is here:
> Interesting. You seem to be using data=journal on R/O partition, don't
> you? Can you also attach /proc/mounts?
>
> Also please try running a kernel with the attached patch and report the
> warning. Thanks!

Do you want to try the kernel without touching the mount
configuration, right? (I mean, without (say) mounting ext2 the ext3 ro
partition, right?)
right now I can't access the machine, but I recall that the partition
is mounted rw, something is wrote onto it and then changed to r/o and
among the options there is data=ordered.

I'll run your patch asap, many thanks for the answer.

--
Fabio