Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A reliable kernel panic (3.6.2) and systemcrash when visiting a particular website

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Sun Oct 21 2012 - 16:36:42 EST

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 07:49:01PM +0000, Artem S. Tashkinov wrote:
> I ran it this way: while :; do dmesg -c; done | scat /dev/sda11 (yes,
> straight to a hdd partition to eliminate a FS cache)

Well, I'm no fs guy but this should still go through the buffer cache. I
think the O_SYNC flag makes sure it all lands on the partition in time.
Oh well, it doesn't matter.

> Don't judge me harshly - I'm not a programmer.

If you wrote that and you're not a programmer, it certainly looks cool,
good job!.

[ Btw, don't forget to free(buffer) at the end. ]

Also, there was a patchset recently which added a blockconsole method to
the kernel with which you can do something like that in a generic way.

Back to the issue at hand: it looks like ehci_hcd is causing some list
corruptions, maybe coming from the uvcvideo or whatever. I think the usb
people will have a better idea.

Btw, is there any particular reason you're running a 32-bit kernel?

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.