Re: question about context switch on arm Linux

From: Richard Cochran
Date: Sun Oct 21 2012 - 03:56:54 EST

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 02:02:42PM +0800, caiyuqing wrote:
> hi, all.
> I have some questions about context switch on arm Linux (my target is
> ARMv7-a).
> 1. Does arm linux support FCSE to handle the context switch?

No, mainline Linux does not support FCSE. However, you can use Gilles'
unoffical (but working) FCSE branches at

http://git.xenomai.org/?p=ipipe-gch.git;a=summary

> 2. If using FCSE, that means the processes number limit is 128 and the
> memory limit is 32MB per process, is that right?

Yes and no.

Gilles' patches offer a "strict mode" and a "best effort" mode. The
strict mode does have the limitation, but the best effort mode does
not.

HTH,
Richard