Re: question on NUMA page migration

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Sat Oct 20 2012 - 22:40:17 EST

On 10/20/2012 10:39 PM, Ni zhan Chen wrote:
On 10/19/2012 11:53 PM, Rik van Riel wrote:
Hi Andrea, Peter,

I have a question on page refcounting in your NUMA
page migration code.

In Peter's case, I wonder why you introduce a new
MIGRATE_FAULT migration mode. If the normal page
migration / compaction logic can do without taking
an extra reference count, why does your code need it?

Hi Rik van Riel,

This is which part of codes? Why I can't find MIGRATE_FAULT in latest
v3.7-rc2?

It is in tip.git in the numa/core branch.

--
All rights reversed