Re: Re: Re: A reliable kernel panic (3.6.2) and system crash whenvisiting a particular website

From: Artem S. Tashkinov
Date: Sat Oct 20 2012 - 16:57:48 EST

On Oct 21, 2012, Borislav Petkov wrote:

> Ok, here's what you can try:
>
> * You say this happens with google chrome. Does it happen if you use
> another browser: firefox, etc?
>
> * Can you build a 64-bit kernel and try the same with it? The 32-bit
> userspace should work in compat mode just fine.
>
> * Can you run memtest on your machine and check whether your DIMMs
> aren't generating ECC errors? Are your DIMMs ECC, btw?

I can reproduce this problem in a virtual machine, which means I have found a real
kernel or GCC bug. Alas, VirtualBox 4.2.2 hangs entirely when I run this virtual machine -
I've never seen anything like that. Windows 7 64 bit which hosts this VirtualBox cannot
even kill a VirtualBox instance.

Unfortunately even though I run the kernel with "console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0"
parameters they don't help - I see no panic messages on a "virtual" serial port, which
looks like we've got a very deep freeze.