Re: RFC: sign the modules at install time

From: Romain Francoise
Date: Sat Oct 20 2012 - 12:41:44 EST

Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I like how the default makefiles do that "create and use random key"
> thing by default. THAT is what I want to see.

Yes, however the key generation itself is horribly verbose and doesn't mix
very well with the output of a parallel build. Now that the modules are
signed at install time, presumably the key should be generated then as
well, and the output cleaned up to look like normal Kbuild messages (with
support for V=1 for the curious).