Re: x2apic boot failure on recent sandy bridge system

From: rrl125
Date: Fri Oct 19 2012 - 18:08:02 EST

Any update? The messages just seem to have stopped months ago. A fallback would be nice, I have been booting the kernel with noa2xpic for since kernel 3.2, and currently I am working with 3.6.2.

If needed I can try to attempt modifying the patch to include fallback, but I am probably not the best person to do it.