Re: new execve/kernel_thread design

From: Jonas Bonn
Date: Wed Oct 17 2012 - 10:06:57 EST

On 17 October 2012 00:35, Al Viro <viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not even a tentative patchset: hexagon, openrisc, tile, xtensa.

I did most of the OpenRISC conversion last weekend... the
kernel_thread bits work fine but I end up with the init thread dying
with what I've got now for kernel_execve. Once I've got that sorted
out, I'll pass this along to you.

Thanks for the above explanation... it took me a good while to wrap my
head around how this was supposed to work from reading through the
arch's that you had already converted. All in all, though, I find
it's a nice cleanup and, conceptually, an improvement over what we had
before.

Thanks,
Jonas