[Q] reprobe deferred-probing drivers

From: Guennadi Liakhovetski
Date: Wed Oct 17 2012 - 04:27:35 EST

Hi

I've got a situation, for which I currently don't have a (good) solution.

Let's say device A depends on device B and as long as B hasn't probed, A
requests deferred probing. Now B probes, which causes A to also succeed
its probing. Next we want to remove B, say, by unloading its driver. A has
to go back into "deferred-probing" state. How do we do it? This can be
achieved by unloading B's driver and loading again. Essentially, we have
to use the sysfs "unbind" and then the "bind" attributes. But how do we do
this from the kernel? Shall we export driver_bind() and driver_unbind()?

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.