Re: Strange crash on Dell R720xd

From: Laurent CARON
Date: Tue Oct 16 2012 - 05:25:57 EST

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 11:03:53AM +0200, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> That's:
>
> BUG_ON(async_tx_test_ack(depend_tx) || txd_next(depend_tx) ||
> txd_parent(tx));
>
> but probably the b0rkage happens up the stack. And this __raid_run_ops
> is probably starting the whole TX so maybe we should add
> linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to CC. Added.

Hi,

The machines seem stable after disabling I/O AT DMA at the BIOS level.

> What is that "r510" thing in the kernel version? You have your patches
> ontop? If yes, please try reproducing this with a kernel.org kernel
> without anything else ontop.

My kernel is vanilla from Kernel.org. The -r510 string is because I
tried it on a -r510 also.

> Also, it might be worth trying plain 3.6 to rule out a regression
> introduced in the stable 3.6 series.

I tried 3.5.x, 3.6, 3.6.1, 3.6.2 with exactly the same results.

For now, I did create more volumes, rsync lors of data over the network
to the disks with no crashs (after disabling I/O AT DMA).

...snip...