Re: [GIT PULL 0/12] ARM: soc: updates for 3.7, first batch

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Oct 01 2012 - 22:22:49 EST

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Olof Johansson <olof@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here is the first batch of pull requests for arm-soc for this merge
> window. Some of them are tiny, and we will probably start to combine
> them into slightly larger misc branches in the future. I didn't do it
> this time around since the dependencies between branches ended up quite
> complex this time around.

Ok, I've merged them all. As usual, my end result is slightly
different from yours, although the differences are pretty small.

- I added exynos4210-trats.dtb to the "dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_EXYNOS)"
case in arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile

That seemed to be the right thing, otherwise that dtb file isn't
actually accessed from anything. Hmm?

- Commit dbc04161048d ("ARM: OMAP: Split plat/hardware.h, use local
soc.h for omap2+") added the line

#include "soc.h"

to arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_l3_noc.c, and I left it in as it moved
into drivers/bus/.

My resolution is quite possibly wrong, but I didn't know what the
right thing to do was. Please double-check.

- non-semantic order/whitespace difference for
CONFIG_CLKSRC_ARM_GENERIC in drivers/clocksource/Makefile.

I didn't want to mix the generic case up with the random cases.

Anyway, you should double-check the merges, the "soc.h" one in
particular is suspect.

Linus