Re: [patch for-3.6] mm, thp: fix mapped pages avoiding unevictablelist on mlock

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Oct 01 2012 - 11:22:56 EST

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 6:40 PM, David Rientjes <rientjes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, sounds good. If there's no objection, I'd like to ask Andrew to apply
> this to -mm and remove the cc to stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx since the
> mlock_vma_page() problem above is separate and doesn't conflict with this
> code, so I'll send a followup patch to address that.

So I deferred this (and the "mm, thp: fix mlock statistics" one) to
after 3.6, because Andrea indicated that they aren't critical. Now I'd
be ready to take them, but I suspect they are already in Andrew's
queue and I can forget about them.

Please holler if I need to take the two thp patches directly..

Linus