Re: [GIT PULL] Asymmetric keys and module signing

From: David Howells
Date: Sat Sep 29 2012 - 03:17:10 EST

Rusty Russell <rusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I noticed the Cert number didn't change with rebuilds: "distclean"
> didn't remove some files:
>
> $ git clean -f -f -x -d
> Removing extra_certificates
> Removing signing_key.priv
> Removing signing_key.x509
> Removing signing_key.x509.keyid
> Removing signing_key.x509.signer
> Removing x509.genkey

I'm not sure whether distclean should remove those, since they can be
externally supplied, or whether x509.genkey should have a Makefile dependency
on kernel/Makefile.

I lean towards 'yes' when I'm altering kernel/Makefile trying to get things
right, and 'no' when I'm doing a make distclean to change my config or
changing kernel/Makefile for some unrelated reason.

David