Rregressions in Power Management and others

From: Nigel Cooper
Date: Thu Sep 27 2012 - 18:52:00 EST

On many hardware devices, new power management features introduced
into the Linux kernel cause problems. from not being able to boot to
the video output not refreshing when the system is idle. It is my
proposition to drop newer power features introduced in the past year
or so.

In addition, USB is an increasingly obsolete standard and I recommend
it be disabled in favor of Bluetooth, which has shown its potential
to be a large part of our future even since the early days when it
only connected headsets to telephones.