Re: [RFC] tty: Add get- ioctls to fetch tty status

From: Cyrill Gorcunov
Date: Sun Sep 23 2012 - 11:22:11 EST

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 07:46:24AM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> >changed right after that operation). Maybe I should put everything to
> >procfs, or stick back with ioctl calls?
>
> The problem as I see it is that you don't know if your process is
> the lock holder.

Wait, Peter, this lock is set via ioctl call on the fd obtained from
open(ptmx) call, so i fail to see how one can setup such lock without
having fd on the hands. When we do checkpoint the processes we expect
the user passes us the pid of process which is the leader not some
subtree (we can deal with process subtrees too but it is not
encouraged ;)