Re: [RFC] status of execve() work - per-architecture patches solicited

From: Greg Ungerer
Date: Sat Sep 22 2012 - 07:16:52 EST

On 09/22/2012 04:39 AM, Al Viro wrote:
On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 12:26:36PM -0400, Mark Salter wrote:
Here are a set of c6x patches to work with your experimental-kernel_thread
branch.

Mark Salter (3):
c6x: add ret_from_kernel_thread(), simplify kernel_thread()
c6x: switch to generic kernel_execve
c6x: switch to generic sys_execve

Applied and pushed...

FWIW, the current status:

alpha - done, tested on hardware
arm - done, tested on qemu
c6x - done by maintainer
frv - done, untested
m68k - done, tested on aranym; there's a known issue in copy_thread() in
case of coldfire-MMU, presumably to be handled in m68k tree (I can do it
in this one instead, if m68k folks would prefer it that way)

I sent the patch to the m68k-linux list. Its been acked by Geert.

http://marc.info/?l=linux-m68k&m=134742688015639&w=2

I was going to push it through the m68knommu git tree, but I don't mind
if you would rather take it with your changes.

Regards
Greg