Re: Work queue questions

From: Deepawali Verma
Date: Fri Sep 21 2012 - 15:25:56 EST

Hi Tejun,

I have put the ftrace markers in my code:

kworker/u:1-21 [000] 110.964895: task_event: MYTASKJOB2381 XStarted
kworker/u:1-21 [000] 110.964909: task_event: MYTASKJOB2381 Xstopped
kworker/u:1-21 [000] 110.965137: task_event: MYTASKJOB2382 XStarted
kworker/u:1-21 [000] 110.965154: task_event: MYTASKJOB2382 Xstopped
kworker/u:5-3724 [000] 110.965311: task_event: MYTASKJOB2383 XStarted
kworker/u:5-3724 [000] 110.965325: task_event: MYTASKJOB2383 Xstopped

I have this one big task to whom I divided into small sub tasks. These
are numbered 2381, 2382 and 2383, what was I expecting that task 2381,
2382, 2383 run in parallel. I have put start and stop markers here so
that I can see how this concurrency managed work queue is distributing
the load.

I found that task no 2381 is started first and exited before starting
task 2382 and so on. What I expected that it should start the three
sub tasks in parallel, not one by one.

Where is concurrency here?

Regards,
Deepa