Re: shutdown with toshiba portege

From: François Boisson
Date: Fri Sep 21 2012 - 10:57:55 EST

Le Thu, 20 Sep 2012 20:42:34 +0200
François Boisson <user.anti-spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

> Hey
>
> I have a problem which seems to be related to shutdown for a Toshiba portege
> (it's seems that the problem is also on other Toshiba, on VAIO cw5, y
[...]
> If i shutdown the computer and wait some hours, the power consumption of the
> computer is not null, it's about the same as the power consumtion during a
> suspend of computer. In fact
>
> Boot and halt with:
> Windows 7 ---> No power consumption after
> Linux 2.6.37-486-PAE ---> No power consumption after
> Linux >= 3.0 ---> Power consumption (about 45-50 mW if acpitool is correct)
[...]

Well can anybody just tell me the sequence of shutdown and power of a x86
computer in then linux kernell, or just how to verify that a device is power
off with a printk, or where to search or even only where is the part of code
doing this. There is many documentation about use device but nothing about
power off.

Thanks

François Boisson