Where to put test code?

From: Daniel Santos
Date: Wed Sep 19 2012 - 18:04:08 EST

I'm putting the finishing touches on the generic red-black tree test
code, but I'm uncertain about where to place it exactly.

I haven't finished the test module just yet, but the idea is that the
tests can be run in userspace as well as kernelspace to make it easier
to test on multiple compilers. It has some common sources files (used
by in both places) and then specific code for both user- and
kernel-space that I currently have as follows:

tools/testing/selftests/grbtree/ - common.{c,h}
tools/testing/selftests/grbtree/user - user-space main.c, Makefile, etc.
tools/testing/selftests/grbtree/module - kernel-space grbtest.c,
Makefile, etc.

Would this be correct or should the common & module code go some place
else and then just have the user-space code under
tools/testing/selftests/grbtest?

Thanks
Daniel