Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the cgroup tree

From: Daniel Wagner
Date: Fri Sep 14 2012 - 03:03:49 EST

Hi Stephen,

On 14.09.2012 05:17, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi Tejun,

After merging the cgroup tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/net/tun.c: In function 'tun_alloc_skb':
drivers/net/tun.c:589:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'sock_update_classid' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

Caused by commit 1f66c0a8833c ("cgroup: net_cls: Move sock_update_classid()
declaration to cls_cgroup.h"). Grep is your friend ...

Sorry about missing to update tun.c. I *swear* I used grep to search
for sock_update_classid() users. It is not the tool's fault when my
brain is not able to decode the things it wants to tell me.

I have used the cgroup tree from next-20120913 for today.

Obviously, it is straight forward to fix this but I do not know what is the preferred solution. Shall I spin an updated version of this patch or add a patch on top of the series?

sorry again,
daniel