Re: [RFC,PATCH v2] efi: Add support for a UEFI variable filesystem

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Fri Sep 14 2012 - 00:41:34 EST

On 09/13/2012 08:45 PM, joeyli wrote:
Hi Peter,

æ åï2012-09-13 æ 09:52 -0400ïPeter Jones æåï
On Thu, 2012-09-13 at 16:10 +0800, joeyli wrote:

Do we have plan to create a new kobject add to /sys/firmware/efi for
provide a fixed mount point to efivars fs?
e.g. /sys/firmware/efi/efivars

Or we just direct reuse current /sys/firmeware/efi/vars? But, that means
we need think for the backward compatibility if choice reuse vars
folder.

I'm not sure that's a terribly large concern - if you haven't updated
your tools to use the new efivars, don't mount the new efivars.

Thanks for your comment!

I think it is wrong. The new API should have a different path.

-hpa